ATLAS unveils Bose SoundLink Wireless Mobile speaker
Was invited down for a first hand preview of the new Bose SoundLink Wireless Mobile speaker at the ATLAS TripleOne Audiovisual Boutique showroom @ Somerset Road last week. ATLAS Singapore is of course the local distributor of all Bose products in the country.
Well, CEO Michael Tien Wai Keong hosted myself and a trio of local bloggers to a demonstration of the first ever Bluetooth speakers from Bose inside the posh showroom. I must confess that we were bribed with some finger food that was unfortunately left to go cold as we were too busy pawing at the speaker.
Weighing 1.29kg, the Bose SoundLink Wireless Mobile speaker has a depth of just 4.8cm with its fold-out stand closed. While I don’t consider myself an audiophile in any sense of the word, I am nevertheless rather particular about my music. In the short span of time we spent with it, I must say that the Bose SoundLink produced giant-sized sound that truly belies its diminutive dimensions.
According to Michael, some of the unique characteristics of the SoundLink Wireless is as follows:
- Dual-opposing passive radiators: These move in conjunction with the transducers to improve audio performance
- Chrome-plated end caps: Protects against bumps and drops
- Bluetooth pairing list: History of six recently paired devices are remembered and automatically searched for
- USB mini port: For software update (I’ve never seen this in other portable speakers)
- Optional 12V car charger: Again, something new here.
Oh yes, the standard version of the SoundLink Wireless Mobile speaker with nylon cover retails at S$549, while a premium model with dark brown leather cover will be offered for S$639. Accessory covers in various color are available separately for S$59 and S$99.
I’ll have the chance to review it shortly, so stay tuned.